- Add Picture/Article
- Champ Show
- About Us
Membership in the GSDHJA allows your points earned during a competition to be tracked on this website, and for you to get recognition at the annual GSDHJA awards banquet depending on your year end point totals.
- In order to compete at the Championship Show and/or accrue points towards GSDHJA Year End Awards, the RIDER, HORSE OWNER (if different from rider) and RIDER’S TRAINER must be members in good standing.
- Membership year begins on December 1 and expires on November 30.
- Memberships must be purchased prior to, or during the first horse show attended by rider/horse in order for points to count. Absolutely no points will be awarded retroactively.
- Rider must be a GSDHJA member in order to compete in any of the GSDHJA medal classes.
- Show age is calculated as rider’s age on December 1st of the start of the show year. (eg. if the date today is the middle of 2012, then the rider’s show age is computed by their age as of December 1st, 2011).
- Members are eligible for amateur status if they have not participated in any professional activities as cited in the GSDHJA Rule Book under Amateur Classification. Any person competing in amateur classes who is found to be engaging in professional activities shall have their amateur status revoked for a period of one year.
- Any horse owner who wishes to use their business, barn, or stable name as “owned by” must submit a business membership
- All trainers must submit professional membership in order for their riders’ points to count.
September 25, 2017
Again this year at the Champ show, we have have Next Day Signups operating. We are starting slow with only… Read more…
August 26, 2017
GSDHJA is hosting an informative and valuable clinic opportunity with Julie Winkle, licensed Hunter, Equitation, Hunter Breeding and Jumper judge… Read more…
August 23, 2017
Since so many shows got rained out at the beginning of the season (and with fewer multiday shows on the… Read more…
July 16, 2017
CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW / ‘A’ Circuit: IF riders* and/or horses* also compete on the “A” circuit, they must meet ONE of… Read more…
May 30, 2017
Just a quick reminder that for the horse pointed divisions (all non-Achievement), riders, trainer, AND horse owners must all be… Read more…
December 16, 2016
The first two shows have been entered for 2017. We should be able to get the other show's points up… Read more…
December 9, 2016
Click here to purchase tickets. Read more…
November 15, 2016
Please buy your 2017 memberships NOW. Don't delay and risk not having your hard earned points not counting. Click here… Read more…
September 6, 2016
Click on over to this page for the latest Champ Show information (also available via the Champ Show menu in… Read more…
June 26, 2016
GSDHJA is hosting a clinic with Julie Winkle and Geoff Teall on Oct 24 & 25 2016 at the Del… Read more…