- Champ Show
- Add Picture/Article
- About Us
Membership in the GSDHJA allows your points earned during a competition to be tracked on this website, and for you to get recognition at the annual GSDHJA awards banquet depending on your year end point totals.
- In order to compete at the Championship Show and/or accrue points towards GSDHJA Year End Awards, the RIDER, HORSE OWNER (if different from rider) and RIDER’S TRAINER must be members in good standing.
- Membership year begins on December 1 and expires on November 30.
- Memberships must be purchased prior to, or during the first horse show attended by rider/horse in order for points to count. Absolutely no points will be awarded retroactively.
- Rider must be a GSDHJA member in order to compete in any of the GSDHJA medal classes.
- Show age is calculated as rider’s age on December 1st of the start of the show year. (eg. if the date today is the middle of 2012, then the rider’s show age is computed by their age as of December 1st, 2011).
- Members are eligible for amateur status if they have not participated in any professional activities as cited in the GSDHJA Rule Book under Amateur Classification. Any person competing in amateur classes who is found to be engaging in professional activities shall have their amateur status revoked for a period of one year.
- Any horse owner who wishes to use their business, barn, or stable name as “owned by” must submit a business membership
- All trainers must submit professional membership in order for their riders’ points to count.
September 23, 2019
The 2019 Champ Show Premium is available for download here. We doubled the size of the premium this year since… Read more…
August 22, 2019
This year is the GSDHJA 20th Anniversary Championship Show! We are striving to make this a very special, very memorable… Read more…
April 7, 2019
Click here for a new document that explains under what conditions you can ride as an amateur. Read more…
February 28, 2019
The annual GSDHJA General Meeting has been postponed and will now be tentatively held on Friday April 12 at 5:30pm… Read more…
December 5, 2018
The end of year 2018 banquet will take place January 12, 2019 at the Bahia Hotel. Click here to download… Read more…
August 31, 2018
Click on the Latest Info from the Champ Show menu or click here. Read more…
June 14, 2018
Please note this rule change only affects riders who also compete on the "A" circuit. With fewer multi-day shows being… Read more…
April 14, 2018
PLEASE check your points often. We will correct all errors brought to our attention, BUT we can't modify points too… Read more…
January 22, 2018
The GSDHJA Annual General Meeting will be held Friday, February 23rd at 5:30 pm at the Del Mar Fairgrounds. This… Read more…
December 11, 2017
Click here to buy banquet tickets. You must purchase before December 30th this year to get the reduced rate of… Read more…